18 February, 2013
Building Efficiency and Your CMMS | Blog
Energy efficiency saves money and helps reduce greenhouse gases. IFMA partnered with Johnson Controls to look at how companies feel about energy efficiency, how they are achieving energy efficiency and what methods are the most promising. It all came together in the 2011 Energy Efficiency Indicator.
IFMA is the world’s largest and most widely recognized international association for professional facility managers, supporting more than 20,000 members in 78 countries. Johnson Controls is a multinational company providing everything from climate control systems to car seats. They also utilize MicroMain CMMS software at some facilities they support.
The study has been conducted over five years. Some key findings gleaned from the report include:
- Managers and leaders want energy efficiency. 66% reported that energy was “extremely important” or “very important” to their organization.
- Lighting is the best way to start saving on energy consumption. 81% of IFMA respondees implemented lighting improvements in the past year.
- Lack of funding and uncertain ROI is the main deterrent to energy savings initiatives. Combined, those represent over 50% of the culprit for lack of action.
- Smart buildings are the future. Incorporating reporting and sensing technologies into buildings show massive amounts of promise in the years and decades to come.
MicroMain can help lead companies into a sustainable and money-saving future with our suite of CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System), CAFM (Computer-Aided Facility Management System) and CPAM (Capital Planning Asset Management System) products and add-ons.
- Preventive Maintenance on energy saving devices and systems can be set up and managed easily, keeping equipment and assets up and running.
- Work Orders are the core functionality of any good CMMS software. Having work orders completed, tracked and reported on allows informed decisions to be made about areas where energy savings can take place.
- Asset Tracking gives you the ability to asses and record the condition of your solar devices, lighting units or any other asset.
- MicroMain Facility Management helps companies manage buildings, assets, and occupants. This information in conjunction with sensing technology can play a key part in reducing energy.
If you want to know more about MicroMain products, contact a MicroMain expert.